Jul 18, 2007

AdSense Success In 5 Days - Day 3

I want to talk to you about keywords.
I'll be honest - there's an enormous amount of cr*paround to do with using keywords to get higher AdSenseearnings so I'm going to set the record straight.
** What Keywords Can And Can't Do
When I first started using AdSense (remember I was pullingin a poxy $2 per day) I shunned the high paying keywordlists you see everywhere.
I thought they were a scam. The thing is - although thereare some low-quality ones out there, if you do the research(and BELIEVE me, I've done that alright) then you can findlists that are worth TEN TIMES more than people charge forthem.
So how does it all work?
Well, quite simply, what you get paid by Google isdetermined by how much advertisers are willing to pay, perclick, for any given phrase. To get paid more you need tofocus on the higher paying phrases so that, on average,you will get paid more per click.
Is it really that simple?
Well, not quite. You also need to take into account thatjust because a certain phrase pays well doesn't mean thatyou can get a good search engine ranking for it or that youcan attract any people to your pages who are interested init.
That's why I recommend using multiple tools to help you getthe definitive answer on the best phrases to use. (I gothrough this in detail in Video 2).
Should I go after high paying phrases regardless of topic?
No siree! This is another big no-no. Don't jump on thebandwagon unless the phrase is related to what your websiteis about and more importantly:
WHAT YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR
Did I just use the word 'passion' in an email about AdSense?You bet I did!! If you're not passionate about the chosentheme of your website then this will come across to yourvisitors. If you are not passionate about your chosen themethen you will soon tire of putting in the hours to updatethe site and make those big bucks with AdSense!
In a nutshell - find the best phrases for your theme basedon:
- How much they are likely to pay you per click- What level of competition there is out there for thesephrases- Your chances of attracting good traffic levels for thesephrases
Tomorrow we're moving onto your Ads - where to put them andhow to get the most clicks.
See you tomorrow!

No comments: